Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ASSIGNMENT 7 - My Hometown

..........I am from Kang-hwa, a historic county on the west side of Korea. near North Korea. Kang-hwa was originally an island but it became a mainland after the Kang-hwa bridge was built. Kang-hwa has many historic places. For example, it is famous of the woven mats with flower patterns(People call it 'Hwa Moon Seock'), ginseng, dolmens, Mt. Mani and legend of Dangun, the founding father of Korea. Kang-hwa has been a point of strategic importance since the age of the Three States in the 4 century. Kang-hwa is also famous for two hardy-orange trees which were designated precious natural treasure. Kang-hwa is a very silent county but the old battlefield and Mt. Mani are crowded with many tourists sometimes. In summer, the Dongmak beach is also crowded and people like here. I love my hometown so please come and visit sometime!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've been to Kang-hwa and it's a beautiful place. I'm trying to decide where to take my parents when the come to visit. I'll have to do some research and see what I can find to do there. Anyhow,I remember reading this so I think you already have my corrections.

1. near North Korea

2. was originally an island (no commas)

3. it became a part of the mainland ater the bridge was built.

4. It has many/historic places

5. It is famous for (we say someone or something is famous for something)

So Jin Yoo said...

Thank you Thanks
Luv YoU!>v<